- Heat 2 T. dressing in dutch oven on med-high heat
- Add chicken and onions
- Cook 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken in browned, stirring occasionally
- Cover, reduce heat to med-low, simmer 15 mins.
- Add remaining dressing and the boiling water, cover
- Simmer an additional 15 mins, strain
- Chop the chicken
- Return chopped chicken and liquid to pan
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into large bowl
- Cut in shortening until resembles course crumbs
- Add milk, stir until mixture forms a stiff dough
- Knead 8-10 times on floured surface
- Roll out dough to 1/4? and cut into 1? squares
- Add dumplings to pan, cover, simmer on med-low for 40 mins
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (363g)|
|Recipe Makes: 9 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 223 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.8g||33 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.8g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.6g|
|Cholesterol 4.6mg||1 %|
|Sodium 1100mg||38 %|
|Potassium 129.7mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.3g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 45.3g|
|Protein 5.9g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 434
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!