1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove and discard skin from each chicken breast; cut each breast in half. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Place egg in another shallow bowl and beat thoroughly.
2. Dip a chicken piece into beaten egg, letting excess drip off, then dip chicken into bread crumb mixture, turning it to coat thoroughly. Shake chicken to remove excess crumbs. Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of the chicken pieces; saute 5 minutes on each side, turning once, until golden brown. Remove to plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, adding oil t o skillet as necessary.
4. In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce, garlic and oregano; mix thoroughly. Pour into a 13x9x1 3/4 inch baking dish. Arrange chicken pieces bone side down over sauce mixture. Cover loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil. Bake 40 minutes.
5. Remove foil from baking dish. Top each piece of chicken with one slice of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Return dish to oven and bake 10 minutes longer or until mozzarella is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly.
6. To serve: Toss hot cooked pasta with 1 tablespoon olive oil and minced parsley. Transfer pasta to the center of a serving platter; arrange Chicken Parmigiana around the pasta and serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (32g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 28 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.1g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 39.1mg||12 %|
|Sodium 404.6mg||14 %|
|Potassium 72mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.5g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 12.4g|
|Protein 5.4g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 104
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!