Preheat oven to 350.
1. Whisk 3 Tb baking powder, 3 Tb sugar, 1 Tb kosher salt (it's pretty specific that if you're using Diamond Crystal brand to do 1 Tb and if you're using Morton brand 1 1/2 tsp because Morton is a lot saltier in taste), 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp chopped thyme, & 3 1/4 c all-purpose flour.
2. Add 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (cut into pieces) and use your fingers to work it into the flour mixture until pea-sized pieces are the largest. Drizzle in 1 cup heavy cream and use your fingers to distribute.
3. Add 2 medium zucchini (that have been coarsely grated and wrung of excess liquid) & 6 oz gruyere (that has been cut into 1/4 inch pieces) to the dough. Gently knead the dough (it will be dry) and don't overwork so the biscuits aren't tough.
4. Turn out dough on floured surface and pat into 2 inch-thick disc, then roll dough out until 1 inch-thick and cut out biscuits with a 3 inch biscuit cutter. Recipe says it will give 12, I got 10 because I didn't want to reroll the scraps and make the biscuits tough.
5. Put on parchment-lined sheet pan 2 inches apart, brush with heavy cream, and sprinkle flaky sea salt. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, for 30-40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!