Simply one of the best Zucchini Bread recipe's that you will ever taste. Easy to make, beautiful to look at and DELICIOUS!
1. Preheat the oven to 325 (F) and grease a 9 x 4 x 3 inch loaf pan.
2. Sift and mix together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder into a bowl and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, blend together the granulated sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract eggs, and vegetable oil.
4. Gently add the dry ingredients to to the wet and fold in.
5. Stir in the grated zucchini, raisins (optional) and walnuts.
6. Fill the prepared loaf pans two-thirds full (the whole batch) and sprinkle the top with extra walnuts and rolled oats
7. Bake in the preheated convention oven for 60 minutes.
8. Allow the pans to stand for 10-15 minutes before removing the bread. Remove the bread and let cool completely on a wire rack.
For the icing:
Mix 1 & 1/3 a cup of powdered sugar (confectioners sugar) with an ounce of fresh-squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon) and stir together. Pour decoratively onto the bread after it has been baked but is still hot.
I normally make this without raisins because it has too much going on; but it's a nice addition if you are a raisin fan. It will take the ENTIRE hour to bake - the batter is very thick. Do not pull it out if the top is not golden-brown.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Loaf (1910g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 3425 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 380.6g||507 %|
|Saturated Fat 137g||685 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 154.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 58.1g|
|Cholesterol 1335.7mg||411 %|
|Sodium 4923.8mg||170 %|
|Potassium 4148.6mg||109 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 706.2g||208 %|
|Dietary Fiber 64g||256 %|
|Sugars, other 642.2g|
|Protein 130.1g||186 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 6612
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.