1. Place the grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for about 30 minutes. Squeeze out as much moisture as you can from the zucchini. It helps to place the zucchini in a clean dish towel and wring it out good. Juicy zucchini equals soggy pancakes.
2. Meanwhile stir together the ingredients for the yogurt sauce. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving, to allow the flavors to meld.
3. Place the zucchini in a large bowl then stir in the eggs until well combined.
4. Stir in the flour, lemon pepper, oregano, nutmeg, garlic and lemon juice and mix until combined.
5. Fold in the feta.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with a metal baking sheet placed on the middle rack, and heat a medium sized nonstick skillet to medium heat.
7. When the pan is hot, drizzle in enough oil to completely cover the bottom of the pan. Spoon 4 pancakes onto the pan and slightly flatten.
8. Cook until crispy and brown on both sides, then remove the pancakes onto a plate with paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
9. Continue cooking until all pancakes are done, adding more oil to the pan when necessary. Keep the first batches warm in the oven. Placing the pancakes in the oven will also help crisp them up even more.
Makes about 12 pancakes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (159g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 106 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.7g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 320.6mg||99 %|
|Sodium 145.1mg||5 %|
|Potassium 263mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 15.7g|
|Protein 12.6g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 216
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!