Grilled Fish with Brazilian Garlic Marinade
Try this Grilled Fish with Brazilian Garlic Marinade recipe, or contribute your own. "FishColl" and "collxgrill" are two of the tags cooks chose for Grilled Fish with Brazilian Garlic Marinade.
"Made it first time for Mothers Day.. Added 1tsp. of cayenne, 2 would be better. Used Chilean Sea Bass 6-8 min. per side 1 1/2" thick pieces on a 400* grill flip once = perfect!! Great recipe. "- Farlok72
1,239 people want to try | 1,722 have favorited
|4 eachFish Steaks; Tuna, Swordfish, or Salmon|
|6 clovesGarlic; peeled|
|1/2 mediumOnion; quartered|
|1/2 mediumRed bell pepper; stemmed, quartered, seeded|
|1/4 cupolive oil|
|1/4 cupDry white wine|
|1/2 teaspoonBlack Pepper; freshly ground|
|1/4 cupCilantro; freshly chopped|
Grilled Fish with Brazilian Garlic Marinade Preparation
1) Rinse the fish steaks under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Place in a nonreactive baking dish just large enough to hold them flat in a single layer and set asside while you prepare the marinade.
2) Combine the garlic, onion, bell pepper, oil, wine, ketchup, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a blender and process to a smooth puree. Add the cilantro and pulse just to mix. Marinate fish for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
3) Preheat the grill to high.
4) When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Remove the fish steaks from the marinade and arrange, facing the same direction, on the hot grate. If using tuna, grill until cooked to taste, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare, turning over carefully with a long spatula. For and attractive crosshatch of grill marks, rotate the steaks 90 after the first 2 minutes on each side.
5) Transfer the steaks to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately.
Note: When cooking Swordfish or Salmon, cook the steaks until opaque in the center when pierced with a knife, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
We really enjoyed this meal. We will be making this again in the future.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Grilled Fish with Brazilian Garlic Marinade Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven