|1 cupwarm water; (105 - 115 degrees)|
|1 packageActive dry yeast; (2 1/4t.)|
|2 cupsWhole wheat flour|
|1 1/4 cupsCake flour|
|1/2 tablespoonKosher salt|
|2 tablespoonsolive oil|
|4 linksjalapeno flavored chicken sausage; cut into slices (precooked)|
|1 largered onion; cut into 1/4 inch thick slices|
|1 Red pepper; cored, seeded and quartered|
|1 Yellow pepper; cored, seeded and quartered|
|1 Orange pepper; cored, seeded and quartered|
|1 cuppart skim mozarella; shredded|
|2 Tomatoes; sliced thin|
|1/2 cupFresh basil leaves|
|1/4 cupBalsamic vinegar|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 cupolive oil|
Grilled Pizza Preparation
1. Combine water, sugar and yeast. Proof until foamy, about 5 minutes
2. Mix flours and 1/2 T salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
3. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to yeast mixture once it has proofed, then pour into flour mixture. Knead on low speed 10 minutes (if kneading by hand, knead the same amount of time). Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours.
4. Punch down and divide into 4 balls, pinching the bottoms closed. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place another hour.
5. Preheat grill. Brush the onions and peppers with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until soft, about 5-10 minutes. Remove the onions and separate into rings and roughly chop, remove the peppers and slice into 1/8 inch slices.
6. Heat grill to high. Roll dough on dry work surface dusted with flour. Shape into 10-12 inch circle or rectangle - don't worry if it's not perfect. An irregular shape makes it look rustic. Brush dough with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, if desired, and use your fingers to lift the edges and drape it directly on the hottest part of the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Use a spatula or tongs to carefully flip the crust and brown the other side for 2-3 minutes. Remove the grill and place on a flat surface. Repeat with the rest of the crusts.
7. Divide the shredded mozzarella among the 4 crusts. Top with the grilled peppers and onions then add sliced precooked sausage, and tomato slices.
8. Mix basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper to taste and 1/2 cup olive oil. Pour into a tightly sealed bottle and shake well. Drizzle over pizzas and heat on grill until hot. Serve immediately.
I was happy my combination of recipes came out really delicious. It's very versatile and you can use any vegetables you like. It would also work well with eggplant and squash.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?