Coconut Chicken Strips with Pina Colada dipping sauce
Coconut coated chicken strips served with a delicious dipping sauce"Takes a while to prepare - lots of steps. Didn't have time to marinate for 4 hours/overnight only did that for about half hour, while I prepped the next steps. Tasted delicious anyway. Will make again. Paired it with basmati rice and peas. " - Kerrymack
Yield: 4 Ready in 30 minutes
145 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|3/4 cuppineapple juice; divided|
|1 cupcream of coconut; divided|
|1/2 cupsoy sauce|
|1/4 cupbrown sugar|
|1/4 cuprice-wine vinegar|
|2 lbsboneless chicken breasts; cut into strips|
|salt and pepper; to taste|
|6 Eggs; beaten|
|1 2-lb bagshredded coconut|
|3/4 cuppeanut oil; (up to 1 cup)|
|1/4 cupheavy whipping cream|
Coconut Chicken Strips with Pina Colada dipping sauce Preparation
1. In a large bowl mix 1/4 C of pineapple juice, 1/4 C of cream of coconut, soy sauce, brown sugar and wine vinegar.
2. Add chicken strips and allow to marinate, covered in refrigerator a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
3. In a pie plate, combine flour, salt and pepper.
4. In a bowl beat eggs and mix with 1/4 C cream of coconut.
5. In another bowl pour shredded coconut.
6. Coat chicken strips first in flour, next in egg mixture and finally in shredded coconut.
7. In a deep skillet, heat peanut oil (enough to just cover the bottom of skillet) over medium heat.
8. Once oil is hot, cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side, taking care not to over cook coconut.
9. Remove chicken and drain any leftover oil.
10. Place 1/2 C pineapple juice and 1/2 C cream of coconut and heavy whipping cream in pan.
11. Cook until thick, scraping drippings from bottom of the skillet.
12. Pour sauce over chicken strips.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?