Ready in 10 hours
If you're an early riser with extra a.m. time, try this easy, make-ahead slow cooker Coq au Vin. You can even cook extra bacon to munch on for breakfast.
"Great recipe. I used two sundried tomatoes instead of tomato paste. "- FatBoy2002
119 people want to try | 148 have favorited
1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine mushrooms and frozen pearl onions; set aside.
3. Sprinkle chicken pieces with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. In skillet with bacon fat, cook chicken (in 2 batches, if necessary) over medium-high heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Place chicken over vegetables in slow cooker.
4. Discard drippings from skillet. Reduce heat to medium; add onion and carrot, and cook 2 minutes or until onion softens, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Add wine, tomato paste, and bay leaf; heat to boiling, stirring to dissolve tomato paste. Pour wine mixture and broth over chicken pieces. Cover slow cooker and cook as manufacturer directs, on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
5. To serve, discard bay leaf. With large spoon, transfer chicken and sauce to deep platter; sprinkle with bacon.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
MzMnM 7 months ago
FatBoy2002 8 months agoGreat recipe. I used two sundried tomatoes instead of tomato paste.
Pippajane 10 months ago
Savemilo2005 1 year agoExcellent. Will make again.
sperez1136 3 years ago
rtspano 4 years ago[I posted this recipe.]