Ready in 1 hour
Try this Vanilla Cupcakes recipe, or contribute your own. "sugar" and "Cupcakes" are two of the tags cooks chose for Vanilla Cupcakes.
"This was a great recipe that didnt fall like every ohter one I had tried! It needs a tad more sugar for my taste but overall fantastic! I made royal icing for this one and sprinkled coconut on a few but used this for the base."- notsofast
626 people want to try | 1,027 have favorited
1. Set oven to 375 degrees (will reduce oven temperature just before baking cupcakes).
2. Line 24 muffin pans with paper cupcake liners.
3. In an electric mixer, cream butter and shortening until fluffy.
4. Add in the eggs (one at a time) and the extracts and beat about 3-4 minutes on high speed (the mixture will seem to be a bit lumpy but will even out when you add in the sugar)
5. Add in the sugar; beat well (another 3 minutes) until sugar is COMPLETELY combined.
6. In a bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
7. Blend into the creamed ingredients, along with the warm milk until smooth (about 3 minutes).
8. Fill the prepared pans about two-thirds full
.9. IMMEDIATELY, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
10. Place the cupcakes in oven, and bake for about 20-24 minutes, or until the cupcakes test done.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Stephy292714 3 months agoYummy
irishdoll 11 month ago
Debburt 1 year agoCannot keep these amazing cupcakes in the house. I never get to frost them. With 2 teenage boys, they're out the door before I turn around. Thank you 'Cupcake Chef!'
Crissa26 1 year agoThe BEST vanilla cake recipe I have tried so far. A little time consuming but worth it! This one is going in my favorites recipes.
Nlacount 1 year agoDelicious cupcakes and beautiful batter but don't be fooled by vanilla cupcake title. More of an angel food cake.
KristyLloyd 1 year agoMy go to recipe for vanilla cupcakes! So yummy!! EVERYBODY LOVES THEM!!
angrose 1 year agoThese came out great and had a nice taste and texture. My go to for vanilla cake now!
jnoodle 2 years agoGreat tasting very moist. Used my own icing and put sugar sprinkles in the batter for the kids
Kitchiii 2 years agoWhat frosting is in the picture it looks like lavender? I'm about to bake these now!
Kittymelonbunny 2 years agoIt was good. It made alot more than 24 though I got 30 out of them and they were good sized too.
samishepard87 2 years ago
Chelseamccomber 2 years agoHey, I am very Eager to try this recipe out but instead of cupcakes i want to try a cake. It should do the same trick right?
MissKelly 2 years agoUsed this for my first attempt @ cupcakes without a box. They got fantastic reviews from all who tried!
JakeJustin 3 years agoIt's too late at night to bake and I'm tired... So I just put plastic wrap on the bowl and put it in the fridge and I'm gonna bake tomorrow... But the batter taste good :D lol
bluent12 3 years agoLooks beautiful, can't wait to try it!
notsofast 3 years agoThis was a great recipe that didnt fall like every ohter one I had tried! It needs a tad more sugar for my taste but overall fantastic! I made royal icing for this one and sprinkled coconut on a few but used this for the base.
CUPCAKE-CHEF 3 years agoi posted this recipe !!!!!*LOL* :D [I posted this recipe.]