Red velvet cake (beets)
|* 1/2 cup cocoa|
|* 1 1/8 cups butter or apple sauce|
|* 1 teaspoon vanilla|
|* 1 1/2 cups sugar|
|* 1 3/4 all-purpose flour|
|* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda|
|* 1/2 teaspoon salt|
|* 3 eggs; beaten|
|* 1 1/4 cups cooked; mashed dark-colored beets|
|* 1/3 cups chopped nuts; optional|
|* 1/3 cups chocolate chips; optional|
Red velvet cake (beets) Preparation
1. In a bowl, combine cocoa, butter or apple sauce and vanilla, and mix well.
2. In another bowl combine flour , sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. Mix well and add to cocoa mixture.
4. Blend in eggs and beets.
5. Beat two minutes with an electric mixer.
6. Stir in chopped nuts and chocolate chips, if desired.
7. Pour in a 9x13 greased pan.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until baked through.
9. Allow to cool.
10. Serve with cool whip, whipped cream or ice cream.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Red velvet cake (beets) Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 1 months, 1 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, 51 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven