Southern Sweet Tea
This is the best southern sweet tea I have even had. BE WARNED: It is very sweet, cut back on the sugar if you need to. The baking soda takes the bitterness away from the tea.
"It is not really sweet enough to be called southern sweet tea but we still found the drink delicious! It was very refreshing on a hot summer day and went over very well If I make it again I would add as much as a cup more of sugar to see if it gets more southerny."- MauraSpeckt
853 people want to try | 1,185 have favorited
Southern Sweet Tea Preparation
1. In a large glass measuring cup, place the tea bags and add the baking soda.
2. Pour the boiling water over the tea bags.
3. Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
4. Take out the tea bags and do not squeeze them.
5. Pour the tea mixture into a 2-quart pitcher; add the sugar.
6. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
7. Add in the cold water.
8. Let cool; chill in the refrigerator and serve over ice.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Southern Sweet Tea Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven