See original recipe: http://www.justapinch.com/rec...
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a food processor or coffee mill, grind sunflower seed (and flaxseed) to a fine meal. )You can opt to use 1 cup of sunflower seeds and omit the flax, however, the flax is full of Omega 3 essential fatty acids). If you are using salted sunflower seeds, you may want to decrease your salt.
3. Add the sesame seeds and salt, and pulse the food processor just long enough to combine, or mix by hand. You want the sesame seeds to stay whole. Add the water and pulse to make into a dough or mix by hand.
4. Cover a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Turn the dough out onto the parchment paper, tear off another sheet of parchment paper and place on top of dough.
5. Through the top sheet, use your hands to press the dough into as thin and even a sheet as you can. You can also use a rolling pin. Take the time to get the dough quite thin, the thinner, the better, so long as there are no holes in the dough. Peel off the top parchment paper and use a thin, sharp, straight-bladed knife or a pizza cutter to score the dough into squares or diamonds. If you prefer, sprinkle a bit of sea salt over the surface and gently press it into the dough BEFORE scoring the crackers.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until crackers are a light, golden brown color. Remove from oven, carefully peel off parchment paper, break along the scored lines, and let the crackers cool. Store in a tightly closed container.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (276g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 968 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 107.5g||143 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.1g||66 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 40g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 47.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 896.6mg||31 %|
|Potassium 1125.6mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.8g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 23g||92 %|
|Sugars, other 24.8g|
|Protein 40.1g||57 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1234
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!