A great party dish, can be assembled ahead and baked when you arrive.
1. Slice cheese wheel in half crosswise, set aside.
2. In a small pan, toast almonds over medium-high heat until fragrant. Do not burn.
3. In a medium pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add diced pear, and cook until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in whiskey, and cook 2-3 minute more. Add thyme, and stir to combine. Remove from heat, set aside.
4. In a small pan, heat balsamic vinegar and honey until simmering. Simmer mixture until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool for a couple minutes.
5. Assembly: spread 3/4 of the pear mixture over bottom half of sliced cheese wheel. Drizzle half the glaze over cheese and pear mixture; top with remaining half of cheese wheel and pears. Drizzle with remaining glaze, and garnish with almonds and thyme. Bake until melted at 350-400C.
Adapted from: http://www.marthastewart.com/345533/pears-and-camembert#close
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (11g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 26 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.9g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 3.8mg||1 %|
|Sodium 11.5mg||0 %|
|Potassium 27.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.6g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 2.2g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 38
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!