First of all, make sure all your ingredients are ready to go and then follow these simple steps:
1. Lightly grease an oven tray with butter, and preheat the oven to approx 300°F (just under 150°C).
2. After that, separate the egg yolks from the whites and put them into separate bowls.
3. Next, in the egg yolk bowl add in the cream cheese, mashed garlic, Italian herbs, and salt. Blend the mixture until it has a smooth liquid consistency.
4. Now, mix the cream of tartar into the egg whites and beat until you see stiff peaks form. If it's your first time doing this, then you will see soft mounds start to form as you are beating the eggs. Keep going and these mounds will become bigger and will start to form stiff peaks.
5. Once the stiff peaks appear, very carefully mix the egg white mix into the egg yolk. Be very careful and gentle so that you don't break the thick consistency of the egg whites. Keep mixing gently until you have a consistent texture,
6. Once everything is fully mixed together, spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking tray and make eight circular shaped equal portions. They should look something similar to small pancakes in size.
7. Now, you are ready to cook! Bake the cloud bread for somewhere around 25 to 30 minutes.Watch the bread carefully; you'll know it's ready when the color starts changing to a golden brown tone and the exterior feels slightly crispy.
8. Allow to cool. Note: when cool the bread will feel more solid and have a thicker texture, so cooling is important.
ps. If you want to make more (or less), just adjust the ingredients. 2 bread makes one serving.
Nutrition data per serving:
Visit Nutrition Advance for more low carb recipes and articles on healthy food.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (102g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 89 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.9g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 423mg||130 %|
|Sodium 1012.1mg||35 %|
|Potassium 134.2mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.8g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.8g|
|Protein 12.6g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 143
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!