1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic slices and saute, moving constantly, until golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
2. Pour out excess oil then return to the stove.
3. Add 2 tbsp butter. Once melted, add garlic. Cook for 1 ½ minutes or until the garlic starts to turn light golden and the butter is well infused with garlic flavor
4. Add rice, stir to coat in garlic butter.
5. Add broth, place lid on saucepan. Bring to simmer then immediately turn down to medium low.
6. Cook for 12 – 15 minutes or until liquid is all absorbed by the rice. Tilt saucepan to check.
Remove from stove but leave lid on. Rest for 10 minutes.
Fluff with fork, transfer into serving bowl. Stir through remaining butter and scallions, or garnish as per photos. Sprinkle with crispy garlic. Serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (870g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1147 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 127.4g||170 %|
|Saturated Fat 40.5g||202 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 51g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 25.3g|
|Cholesterol 605.5mg||186 %|
|Sodium 658.8mg||23 %|
|Potassium 1531.9mg||40 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 67.3g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 64.8g|
|Protein 148.3g||212 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2054
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!