These crostinis have a beautifully blended mix of flavours. They would be ideal as a party snack when you’re entertaining or for lunch when you fancy treating yourself to some bread, but want to balance it out by covering it in a highly nutritious topping.
1. Soak the raw almonds in hot water for at least an hour.
2. Transfer the almonds to a food processor with about a quarter cup of the soaking liquid and the lemon juice.
3. Process until smooth but still a bit grainy. Add more of the liquid if you want a smoother consistency.
4. Season to taste.
5. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
6. Prepare the bread. Slice the baguette diagonally into about a third of an inch thick. Brush lightly with olive oil and toast for about 8 minutes in a 175C/350F oven.
7. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Peel and cut the red onions to bite-sized wedges. Chop the eggplant/aubergine into half-inch cubes.
8. Arrange the chopped vegetables in a roasting pan. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and add in the dried herbs.
9. Roast for about 8 minutes in a 175C/350F oven.
10. Assemble the crostinis. Take each toast and spread about a tablespoon of the almond ricotta. Top with the roasted vegetables and some chopped fresh herbs.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (33g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 33 (70%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.7g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1.2mg||0 %|
|Potassium 80.1mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.6g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 1.6g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 47
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!