1) Heat oil in medium sized heavy pan, add onions, and saute 5 minutes.
2) Add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes.
3) Add curry powder to onion-garlic mixture and saute about 2 minutes more.
4) Add lentils and stock, bring to a low simmer, then cover pan and cook until lentils are tender and liquid is absorbed. Cooking time will depend on how old the lentils are, but after 30 minutes I would start to check every few minutes. You may need to add a little water towards the end.
5) When lentils are done (soft but still slightly chewy), remove from heat, and let sit covered for 5 minutes.
6) Stir in parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (224g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 21 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.4g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 168.5mg||6 %|
|Potassium 2139.2mg||56 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 134.6g||40 %|
|Dietary Fiber 68.3g||273 %|
|Sugars, other 66.3g|
|Protein 57.8g||83 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 791
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!