- Boil Lentils (usually takes about 30 min)
- Once Lentils are cooked, let sit for a couple minutes while prepping the onions and garlic
- dice onions finely
- heat skillet on medium high
- add garlic and onions, and saute for about 3-5 minutes till the onions become translucent
- add lentils and stir
- add sucanat, cinnamon, salt, cumin, and chili powder and 1/4 cup water, and mix well for about 1 minute.
- add tomato sauce
- stir thoroughly
- add apple cider vinegar, and soy sauce
- mix well
Ready to serve with bun of choice
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (83g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 536.3mg||18 %|
|Potassium 197.8mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 7.2g|
|Protein 4g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 59
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!