1. Toss the cauliflower florets in the oil along with the salt and pepper and arrange them in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
2. Roast the cauliflower in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
4. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
5. Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
6. Add the broth and cauliflower, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
7. Puree the soup until it reaches your desired consistency with a stick blender.
8. Mix in the cheese, let it melt and season with salt and pepper.
9. Mix in the milk and remove from heat.
I used unsweetened almond milk instead of milk or cream and it was amazing. I also added a pinch of extra thyme since mine was dried rather than fresh. Also delicious w/o cheese, for a healthier vegan option.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (594g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 659 (83%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 73.2g||98 %|
|Saturated Fat 26.1g||130 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 38.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.4g|
|Cholesterol 104mg||32 %|
|Sodium 805.4mg||28 %|
|Potassium 737.2mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.8g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 16.6g|
|Protein 18.6g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 797
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.