1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine the rolled oats and boiling water into a medium sized bowl, and let this sit for a few minutes before adding in apple cider vinegar and half of the plant-based milk. This should remain as is for about 5-10 minutes, or until the oats are soft.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining dry ingredients before stirring this in with the “oatmeal”.
4. In a food processor add in the remaining half plant-based milk, almond butter and dates, and pulse until you have a completely smooth mass. Stir this into the batter, and mix for a few minutes to absorb some of the liquids.
5. Then pour the batter into a bread pan with a baking sheet underneath, and sprinkle on a bit of dry rolled oats.
6. Place this in the oven for 1 hour, and check to see if the bread is properly baked through the middle. If not allow it to bake for up to 15 additional minutes, until you see that the top is slightly golden and the inside is not too moist.
7. Let the bread rest on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before slicing it.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (73g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 27 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.9g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 0.8mg||0 %|
|Sodium 243.4mg||8 %|
|Potassium 194.8mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.4g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 22.3g|
|Protein 3.4g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 138
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!