Christina's Cuban Version"Absolutely delicious!! My husband and I loved this! So simple and yummy. I would recommend using very large potatoes or doubling the amount that was used because I ended up not having enough. Thanks for the great recipe" - Leahthompson01
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
116 people trying soon
Shepards Pie Preparation
1) Clean, peal, and boil potatoes. (Make sure they are almost done before you begin to brown the meat.) Set your oven to the "warm" setting.
2) Brown the meat. (You can add seasoning for taste. I usually leave it plain.)
3) While browning the meat, steam or boil your vegetables (depending on whether they're frozen or canned).
4) Once the meat is down and the veggies are hot, drain them. Then mix them in a deep 13 x 9 backing pan. (Here is where to mix the gravy with the meat and veggies if you'd like. Some do some don't!)
5) Drain and mash the boiled potatoes then mix with the butter and cream cheese.
6) Spread the mashed potatoes evenly on top of the meat and veggie mix.
7) Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and place in the oven to warm the mixture and melt the cheese.
8) Remove from the oven and serve!
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?