Ready in 45 minutes
Christina's Cuban Version
"Absolutely delicious!! My husband and I loved this! So simple and yummy. I would recommend using very large potatoes or doubling the amount that was used because I ended up not having enough. Thanks for the great recipe"- Leahthompson01
134 people want to try | 262 have favorited
1) Clean, peal, and boil potatoes. (Make sure they are almost done before you begin to brown the meat.) Set your oven to the "warm" setting.
2) Brown the meat. (You can add seasoning for taste. I usually leave it plain.)
3) While browning the meat, steam or boil your vegetables (depending on whether they're frozen or canned).
4) Once the meat is down and the veggies are hot, drain them. Then mix them in a deep 13 x 9 backing pan. (Here is where to mix the gravy with the meat and veggies if you'd like. Some do some don't!)
5) Drain and mash the boiled potatoes then mix with the butter and cream cheese.
6) Spread the mashed potatoes evenly on top of the meat and veggie mix.
7) Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and place in the oven to warm the mixture and melt the cheese.
8) Remove from the oven and serve!
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Ambergrimes 1 year ago
patiencedoe-oklu 1 year agoVery easy to follow and make. I was looking for something fast and here it is
Luke360 1 year agoThe best shepards pie i havae ever had (without the peas). Iv madd it three times and counting.
Leahthompson01 2 years agoAbsolutely delicious!! My husband and I loved this! So simple and yummy. I would recommend using very large potatoes or doubling the amount that was used because I ended up not having enough. Thanks for the great recipe
ajallison 2 years agoMine turned out great! Thanks for the recipe!
jonnyb817 3 years agoGood recipe. I chose not to add the gravy. Instead, I added Fire Roasted Tomatoes with the juice. I like it HOT so I added some red pepper flakes and some cayenne, Texas style. I made so much I had to freeze half!!
wthomas 6 years ago[I posted this recipe.]