Connie's "Oh Sshhnaps" Shrimp Spring Rolls
|8 rice wrappers|
|8 largeshrimp; cooked, peeled, deveined and cut in half|
|1 cupfresh bean sprouts|
|16 Chinese chives; (up to 20)|
|3 tablespoonsfresh mint leaves|
|3 tablespoonsfresh cilantro; chopped|
|2 leaveslettuce; chopped|
|Hoison Peanut sauce:|
|1 cuphoisin sauce; (if sauce is thick add about 1/4 cup warm water to reach desired consistency)|
|0.25 cupsmooth peanut butter|
|1 tablespoonrice vinegar|
|2 Garlic; crushed|
|1 Thai chili; minced, or more for desired spiciness|
Connie's "Oh Sshhnaps" Shrimp Spring Rolls Preparation
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
2. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce.
3. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4. In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.
5. In another small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
Serve rolled spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Connie's "Oh Sshhnaps" Shrimp Spring Rolls Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven