House of Chaos Spaghetti Pie
The greatest thing about this recipe is you use what ever you have on hand, be creative!"This was an awesome recipe! I altered it a bit based on ingredients I had and didn't have. I didn't have spinach, but I increased the vegetables to 1/2 onion, 1/4 red pepper/ 1/4 green pepper, and bit of zucchini. I also only used 2 ounces of cream cheese. I used egg whites instead of whole eggs to lower the calorie count a bit. And I didn't use any meat, because I'm a vegetarian. It turned out AMAZING! I'll definitely be making this for my friends. " - NewToThis23
Yield: 7 Ready in 1 hours
601 people trying soon
|6 oz.Angel Hair Pasta; (or any pasta)|
|2 Eggs; lightly beaten|
|1/3 cupParmesan cheese; grated|
|1 lbground beef|
|1/2 onion; chopped|
|1/4 green pepper; chopped|
|1 14-oz jarmeatless spaghetti sauce|
|Creole seasoning (or chili powder)|
|3/4 tspgarlic powder|
|1/2 tspdried basil|
|1/2 tspdried oregano|
|1 8-oz packagecream cheese; softened|
|1 10-oz packagechopped spinach; thawed and squeezed dry|
|1/2 cupmozzarella cheese; shredded|
House of Chaos Spaghetti Pie Preparation
* Cook pasta and drain. Add eggs and Parmesan cheese. Press onto bottom and sides of a greased (very) large deep dish pie plate. (You can also use a casserole dish, 2 quarts or bigger works well)
* Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
* In a skillet, cook the beef, onion, and green pepper. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings. (Use seasonings according to taste; I like to heat it up with some chipotle powder as well)
* Bring meat sauce to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Between two pieces of wax paper, roll out the cream cheese into a 7 inch circle, or just slightly smaller than the pie dish. (Skip this, instead soften the cream cheese by zapping it in the microwave for 30 seconds and use a spatula to spread it over the baked pasta) Place in crust. Top with spinach and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
* Bake at 350 for 20 – 30 minutes, or until set.
* Notes: This recipe can easily be doubled. It is also good with alfredo sauce and chicken instead of tomato sauce and beef.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?