Stuffed Portabella Mushroom
These mushrooms are great and can be used in many dishes. I have used them as a snack or an appetizer.
Large ones along with a salad and a refreshing drink can make a great light meal.
If not large portabella, and you're using small to medium these make great h'orderves.
Yield: 8 Ready in 25 minutes
29 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
|1 mediumshrimp; (remove shell)|
|1 largetomatoes; chopped with the seeds|
|1 mediumonion; peeled and chopped|
|1 clovesgarlic; minced|
|1 tsphot peppers; minced|
|1 tspcilantro or shadow-beny mince|
|1 largeportabella mushrooms|
|1 tbspolive oil|
|1/2 onion; thinly sliced|
|Salt and pepper; for seasoning|
|1 cupfresh parmesan cheese grated; (keep a little for sprinkling)|
Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Preparation
1. Preheat oven at 350 deg F and prep baking sheet with a little olive oil.
2. Wipe mushrooms and remove the center stem. Place bottom up on baking sheet side by side.
3. Slice 1tbsp butter and place on each mushroom.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper for taste on each mushroom, and top with onions and set a side
5. Wash shrimp and drain well. Place shrimp in cutting board and chop shrimp until minced.
6. Place minced shrimp in mixing bowl, add chopped ingredients (onions, garlic, hot peppers,
and cilantro/cilantro/shadow-beny), salt and pepper for taste and mix well.
7. Place baking sheet with mushrooms in the oven for 5mins or until onions are tender.
8. In a medium sauce pan at heat olive oil and 1 tbsp butter, add seasoned shrimp and sauté for 5 mins or until shrimp turns pink.
9. Remove mushroom from the oven and set aside.
10. Turn sauce pan down to medium heat, add chopped tomatoes, oregano and paprika and incorporate well into cooked shrimp. Simmer uncovered for 5 mins or until most water released by shrimp and tomatoes has evaporated.
11. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs and parmesan cheese (remember to keep a little aside so you can top your stuffed mushrooms).
12. With generous spoonfuls top each mushroom with your shrimp mixture. And if there is any remaining mixture top up each mushroom.
13. Sprinkle each with the remaining parmesan cheese and place in oven for 10 mins
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?