Chocolate Ginger Muffin
It's a holiday tradition to bake cookies, and ginger is a huge ingredient. What if you try the cookie ingredients in a muffin? This Chocolate Ginger muffin is layered with flavors as they slowly unfold with candied ginger at the front, but it's also fluffy and fun. We always have extra Hershey's chocolate kisses since Halloween days, so this recipe finds good use for them. Serves 12 muffins.
Yield: 12 Ready in 35 minutes
favorite of 6 people 8 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|1/2 cupcranberry juice|
|1/2 cuporange juice|
|1/2 cupcrystallized (sweet) ginger; about 2 ounces, thinly sliced|
|1/4 cupchocolate Hershey's milk chocolate kisses or choc|
|1/4 cupcocoa powder|
|1 stickbutter; (or 4-oz)|
|1.5 cuppowdered sugar|
|1 tspbaking powder|
|1 tspbaking soda|
|1 pinch ofSalt|
|1 tspVanilla extract|
Chocolate Ginger Muffin Preparation
1. Melt the butter with the chocolate kisses or chips in the microwave. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes to cool off.
2. Line the muffin pan with paper liners or spray with baking spray. Preheat the oven to 400 ° F.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk 2 eggs with cranberry and orange juice. Add the buttery chocolate mixture and vanilla extract.
5. Slowly add these to the dry ingredients stirring well.
6. Fold in the small dots of sliced crystallized ginger. Stir well.
7. Place a scoop of this muffin mix into each paper liner. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chocolate Ginger Muffin Reviews
[I posted this recipe.]
3 years, 5 months, 1 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, 26 minutes ago
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven