1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Grease 6 wells of a muffin pan with butter.
3. In a frying pan, cook bacon about 3-5 minutes, until partially cooked but not completely crispy and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
4. Curl the bacon around the inside of the muffin tin to form a cup.
5. Mix the green peppers, mushrooms and 1/2 the grated cheese together and place into the bacon cup.
6. Crack the egg, removing about half of the white, and dropping the remaining white and yolk over each piece of bread, being careful not to break the yolks.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
8. Bake until eggs are cooked through to your liking (about 6-10 minutes) and bacon is crispy.
9. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin well and pop the egg cups out.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (221g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 453 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 50.3g||67 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.8g||114 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.1g|
|Cholesterol 286.2mg||88 %|
|Sodium 959.1mg||33 %|
|Potassium 403.1mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.1g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 3.3g|
|Protein 27.5g||39 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 578
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.