15 people want to try | 20 have favorited
Top-ranked recipe named "Country Ham Potato Soup"
1. In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, melt butter.
2. Add onion, garlic, and ham; cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until onion is soft and ham begins to brown.
3. Add flour and stir for approximately 1 minute, or until well blended.
4. Add broth and stir; cook until thickened and bubbly.
5. Add potatoes; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
6. With a potato masher, mash potatoes until only a few chunks remain.
7. Add cream, thyme, red pepper flakes, and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
8. Stir in cheese and sour cream until well blended.
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
AliWasher 4 years ago[I posted this recipe.]