Herb Roasted Rack of Lamb
Many recipes for frenched rack of lamb, with oven temperatures from 300 to 450. This one has never failed to produce restaurant quality, perfectly cooked rack of lamb and takes about 20 minutes total. Great for dinners were you can not fail to impress."Made this for my hubby last night. First time ever cooking lamb and it was a hit! I didn't realize that I had run out of bread crumbs until the last minute so I crushed vegetable crackers in my food processor instead. It turned out fantastic and I will use these again instead of regular bread crumbs! " - Lilbearjazz
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 1 hours, 30 minutes
favorite of 536 people 296 people want to try
Verified by stevemur
|1/2 cupBread crumbs|
|3 tablespoonsrosemary; finely chopped fresh best|
|4 garlic gloves; add more or less to taste fresh chopped fine|
|1/2 teaspoonKosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoonBlack pepper|
|2 tablespoonsolive oil; light first press best|
|1 Rack of Lamb; 8 bone frenched. Fresh is good, but frozen also OK.|
|1 teaspoonBlack pepper|
|1/2 teaspoonKosher salt|
|2 tablespoonsolive oil; light first press|
|3 tablespoonsDijon mustard|
Herb Roasted Rack of Lamb Preparation
1. Take lamb out of refrigerator at least one hour before start so can reach room temperature. If using frozen lamb, first defrost over night in refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Place bread crumbs, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper (first list above) in bowl. Add olive oil so it becomes a moist paste.
4. Cut any excess fat off ribs so only lean meet exposed. Season with salt and pepper (second list above) and add olive to a large skillet. Place skillet on stove with high heat. Pace rack in pan with tongs and sear both sides of lean meet - total about two minutes.
5. Cover rack of lamb with dijon mustard front and back and rub bread crumb mixture over entire lean meet area. Cover ends of bones with aluminum foil so attractive after high heat cooking.
6. Place in uncovered roasting pan in the 450F oven in the center. Rare will be about 12 minutes cook time, medium rare 15 minutes, 18 minutes is moving into well done territory. An instant read thermometer that has been calibrated will read 125F to 130F for rare. Take rack of lamb out of oven, place on cutting board and cover with aluminum foil tent. Let rest for 7-10 minutes. Rest period cooks meet from inside to out and is critical step if you want juicy tender middle.
7. Slice three ribs per serving.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Herb Roasted Rack of Lamb Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven