Light Meditteranean entree"Very good and easy to make. I used indian style curry powder (hot) all else same as recipe called for." - jmschaub
Yield: 4 Ready in 45 minutes
favorite of 18 people 9 people want to try
|2 tablespoonsfresh lemon juice|
|1 teaspooncurry powder|
|2 teaspoonsextravirgin olive oil|
|1/2 teaspoonground cumin|
|3 garlic cloves; minced|
|1 poundskinless; boneless chicken breast, cut into 16 (3-inch) strips|
|1/2 cupplain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt; (such as Fage)|
|2 teaspoonsfresh lemon juice|
|1 garlic clove; minced|
|4 (6-inch) pitas|
|1 cupchopped romaine lettuce|
|8 (1/4-inch-thick) tomato slices|
Chicken Schwarma Preparation
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss well to coat. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
3. To prepare sauce, combine yogurt and next 4 ingredients (through 1 garlic clove), stirring with a whisk.
4. Thread 2 chicken strips onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Place pitas on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Place 1 pita on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/4 cup lettuce and 2 tomato slices. Top each serving with 4 chicken pieces; drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons sauce.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Chicken Schwarma Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: