Top-ranked recipe named "Grilled Fish with Brazilian Garlic Marinade"
Try this Grilled Fish with Brazilian Garlic Marinade recipe, or contribute your own. "collxseafood" and "collxdf" are two tags used to describe Grilled Fish with Brazilian Garlic Marinade.
"Instead of two tbs paprika I used 1 1/2 tbs paprika and 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper. It was just hot enough. Very good flavor! I had swai fish on hand so used that. I will definitely try it on salmon next time."- marybradshaw
1) Rinse the fish steaks under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Place in a nonreactive baking dish just large enough to hold them flat in a single layer and set asside while you prepare the marinade.
2) Combine the garlic, onion, bell pepper, oil, wine, ketchup, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a blender and process to a smooth puree. Add the cilantro and pulse just to mix. Marinate fish for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
3) Preheat the grill to high.
4) When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Remove the fish steaks from the marinade and arrange, facing the same direction, on the hot grate. If using tuna, grill until cooked to taste, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare, turning over carefully with a long spatula. For and attractive crosshatch of grill marks, rotate the steaks 90 after the first 2 minutes on each side.
5) Transfer the steaks to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately.
Note: When cooking Swordfish or Salmon, cook the steaks until opaque in the center when pierced with a knife, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
We really enjoyed this meal. We will be making this again in the future.
Arvan43 5 days 1 hours agoThis was excellent! I used tuna and I broiled it. My 3 yr old and 5 yr old who do NOT like fish ate it up!! I was thrilled beyond belief. I served it with black bean and cumin rice. Delicious!! Thank you for sharing.
tcats6 4 weeks agoDelicious! The kids cleaned their plates too!
marybradshaw 9 months agoInstead of two tbs paprika I used 1 1/2 tbs paprika and 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper. It was just hot enough. Very good flavor! I had swai fish on hand so used that. I will definitely try it on salmon next time.
QldTreefrog 10 months agoVery yummy!! I used red snapper fillets. I only had smoked paprika but I didn't want an overwhelming smoked flavour, so I only used 4 teaspoons. Great recipie. :)
Deejay1964 11 month agoWe don't eat much fish and this was incredible and very easy to prepare.
KristySim 1 year agoVery delicious marinade. Made a nice sauce out of the remaining portion
hollyloveland 1 year agoThe marinade smelled absolutely divine, however, it was just ok and we had to use tartar sauce to make it more enjoyable to eat. Was disappointed.
SonyaN 1 year agoNot enough volume to work in my blender (Ninja has a flat bottom). We however liked the large chunks of onion. Next time I will marinade more onions with it and grill with the fish. Tasty!
mchakra 1 year agoGreat
admrink 1 year agoVery tasty but blender didn't work so I just put it all in zip lock bag. Still delicious!