Try this Grilled Fish with Brazilian Garlic Marinade recipe, or contribute your own.
"Instead of two tbs paprika I used 1 1/2 tbs paprika and 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper. It was just hot enough. Very good flavor! I had swai fish on hand so used that. I will definitely try it on salmon next time."
1) Rinse the fish steaks under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Place in a nonreactive baking dish just large enough to hold them flat in a single layer and set asside while you prepare the marinade.
2) Combine the garlic, onion, bell pepper, oil, wine, ketchup, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a blender and process to a smooth puree. Add the cilantro and pulse just to mix. Marinate fish for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
3) Preheat the grill to high.
4) When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Remove the fish steaks from the marinade and arrange, facing the same direction, on the hot grate. If using tuna, grill until cooked to taste, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare, turning over carefully with a long spatula. For and attractive crosshatch of grill marks, rotate the steaks 90 after the first 2 minutes on each side.
5) Transfer the steaks to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately.
Note: When cooking Swordfish or Salmon, cook the steaks until opaque in the center when pierced with a knife, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
We really enjoyed this meal. We will be making this again in the future.
nessadot 2w ago11/11/15: Not bad. Decent flavor. Didn't grill. Better when broiled then baked.
argirl 1m agoThis was amazing! Followed the recipe exactly as written, and it turned out beautifully. I did cook the remaining marinade, and glad I did. Thanks Keith!
hollyvogen 4m agoSo good!
IronChefChachi 11m agoDelicious flavors! Didn't do the roasted red pepper but will try it next time. Used with swordfish, moon fish and marlin. All great fish for the flavor of this marinade.
Arvan43 1y agoThis was excellent! I used tuna and I broiled it. My 3 yr old and 5 yr old who do NOT like fish ate it up!! I was thrilled beyond belief. I served it with black bean and cumin rice. Delicious!! Thank you for sharing.
tcats6 1y agoDelicious! The kids cleaned their plates too!
marybradshaw 1y agoInstead of two tbs paprika I used 1 1/2 tbs paprika and 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper. It was just hot enough. Very good flavor! I had swai fish on hand so used that. I will definitely try it on salmon next time.
QldTreefrog 1y agoVery yummy!! I used red snapper fillets. I only had smoked paprika but I didn't want an overwhelming smoked flavour, so I only used 4 teaspoons. Great recipie. :)
Deejay1964 2y agoWe don't eat much fish and this was incredible and very easy to prepare.
KristySim 2y agoVery delicious marinade. Made a nice sauce out of the remaining portion