This potato salad is a Russian staple. You won't find a restaurant or home in Russia that has not heard of this recipe. It's perfect on summer grilling nights and a nice side dish in place of any potato dish.
1. Boil potatoes, carrots and eggs until cooked
2. Cool off to room temperature
3. Peal skin from potatoes, carrots, eggs and onion
4. Cut potatoes, carrots, eggs, onion, pickles and chives in small (1/2") pieces. This takes a little time and effort but wait for the results!
5. Add mayo, salt/pepper to taste and mix well. Careful not to mash but rather mix/fold the ingredients.
It's ready to taste! This salad is a great side dish and tastes even better after being in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or even overnight. It will last up to 2 days.
Step further: Add sliced cooked ham, chicken or turkey for a complete meal. Serve with greens.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (504g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 97 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.7g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.3g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 423mg||130 %|
|Sodium 208.2mg||7 %|
|Potassium 1534.3mg||40 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.2g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.2g||49 %|
|Sugars, other 49g|
|Protein 23.2g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 426
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.