Ready in 1 hour
This potato salad is a Russian staple. You won't find a restaurant or home in Russia that has not heard of this recipe. It's perfect on summer grilling nights and a nice side dish in place of any potato dish.
1. Boil potatoes, carrots and eggs until cooked
2. Cool off to room temperature
3. Peal skin from potatoes, carrots, eggs and onion
4. Cut potatoes, carrots, eggs, onion, pickles and chives in small (1/2") pieces. This takes a little time and effort but wait for the results!
5. Add mayo, salt/pepper to taste and mix well. Careful not to mash but rather mix/fold the ingredients.
It's ready to taste! This salad is a great side dish and tastes even better after being in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or even overnight. It will last up to 2 days.
Step further: Add sliced cooked ham, chicken or turkey for a complete meal. Serve with greens.