- In a pot melt the butter and add garlic. Saute briefly until it is fully aromatized
- Add the cream and bring a to simmer using medium low heat
- Stir in the cheese and the nutmeg, simmer on low for a few minutes
- Cook any pasta according to directions and to taste, do not rinse pasta once cooked
- Add chives, parsley together with the cooked pasta
- Season with fresh ground pepper, toss well and decorate with minced parsley, serve immediately
- Tip: Reverse a cup of the water used to cook the pasta to thin the sauce if needed. The sauce thickens if prepared too far ahead of being used. The starched water will not reduce the taste of the sauce and be used to thin out a sauce that has thickened. You don't want your Alfredo sauce to be too thick, it should be light and a little runny.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (86g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 322 (95%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 35.7g||48 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.5g||112 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 105.7mg||33 %|
|Sodium 275.7mg||10 %|
|Potassium 104.5mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 2.2g|
|Protein 3.9g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 340
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.