1. Finely chop bacon with a knife, until the size of grains of rice. To make this easier, chill the bacon in the freezer for 30 minutes before starting. DO NOT USE A FOOD PROCESSOR!
2. In a heavy-bottomed fry pan over medium heat, cook the bacon, stirring frequently, until the fat renders out. Continue cooking until the bacon browns, but do not let it crisp.
3. Add the onion, thyme and garlic, and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the onion is translucent.
4. Add the sugar, vinegar and Coke. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring frequently, until liquid has reduced and the mixture takes on a jammy consistency.
5. Remove from heat. Taste, and add pepper as desired.
6. Allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer to a food processor and pulse 4 times. Transfer to a container and store in the fridge.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 litre (690g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 136.8mg||5 %|
|Potassium 949.2mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 453.3g||133 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 450.2g|
|Protein 3.5g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1780
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!