As a canapé this serves between 8-12 people.
1. Roll out both sheets of puff pastry to 0.5cm and cut out a circle from each sheet, as large as you can. If you have a circle of pre rolled pastry remove from the pack.
2. Line a tray with baking paper and lay one circle of pastry on top of that. Place the camembert in the middle, still in it’s wooden nest(remove lid and plastic wrap), then brush the rest of the pastry with some melted butter.
3. Cut a hole in the middle of your second piece of pastry, the same size as the camembert. Carefully put the pastry on top of the first sheet and press it down around the edge of the camembert, to seal it to the pastry underneath.
4. Gently cut the pastry, so that you have lots of strips(about an inch in thickness) leading from the middle to the edge of the circle. Carefully twist each one around a few times and lay it back on the tray as flat and as straight as you can. You might want to trim a couple slightly, once you’ve twisted them all, to neaten it up.
5. Make a few criss-cross incisions in the top of the camembert and stick thin slices of garlic into them. Arrange rosemary sprigs on the top and drizzle the cheese with honey.
6.Brush the pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with cracked black pepper, then bake for 12-14 minutes at 200C (180C fan).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (14g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 70 (82%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.7g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 13.4mg||4 %|
|Sodium 53.6mg||2 %|
|Potassium 9.3mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 3.3g|
|Protein 0.6g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 85
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!