1. Grab some extra-firm tofu, drain it, wrap it in some paper towels or a clean dish cloth, put it between two plates, and put some weight on it like a can of beans. This presses out all the water it's packed in and makes room for flavor. This should take about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Next, mix together your marinade in a shallow, rimmed dish like a pie plate, you know, something where all the tofu can marinate in one layer.
3. Cut the tofu into width wise planks no thicker than 1/4 inch. You should get about 12 pieces per brick of tofu. Throw that in the marinade, make sure all the pieces are covered, and let that sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to 8. Stir it around every now and then if you can remember.
4. When you're ready, crank the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Take the tofu out of the marinade (save the marinade) and arrange the planks on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, flip, and spoon a little more marinade on each piece. Bake for 10 more minutes, flip and sauce again. Bake for a final 5. The edges should start looking a little burnt. Let it sit a couple minutes to firm up and then cut it into pieces.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1193g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 182 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.2g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 83.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 5136.4mg||135 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 111.6g||33 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15.6g||62 %|
|Sugars, other 96g|
|Protein 26g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 666
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!