1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Oven rack in middle position.
2. Pour condensed milk into pie plate and stir in a generous pinch of salt. Cover pie plate with foil and crimp foil tightly around rim. Put in a roasting pan, then add enough boiling water to reach halfway up side of pie plate, making sure that foil is above water. Bake, refilling pan to halfway with water about 40 minutes, until milk is thick and deep golden caramel color, about 2 hours. Remove pie plate from water bath and transfer toffee to a bowl, then chill toffee, uncovered, until it is cold, about 1 hour.
3. While toffee is chilling, clean pie plate and bake pie crust in it accordingly to package instructions. Cool pie crust completely in pan on a rack, about 20 minutes.
4. Spread toffee evenly in crust, and chill, uncovered, 15 minutes.
5. Cut bananas into 1/4 inch thick slices and pile over toffee.
6. Beat cream with brown sugar in a clean bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds soft peaks, then mound over top of pie.
Toffee can be chilled up to 2 days (cover after 1 hour).
Toffee filled crust can be chilled up to 3 hours.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (180g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 201 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.4g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.1g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 56.6mg||17 %|
|Sodium 223.7mg||8 %|
|Potassium 506.4mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 70.3g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 68.4g|
|Protein 7.9g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 502
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.