- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Line 2 muffin trays with paper muffin cases.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs lightly with a handheld electric mixer for 1 min.
- Add the oil and milk and beat until just combined then add the sugar and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Sift in the flour and salt (and baking powder if using) then mix until just smooth.
- Be careful not to over-mix the batter as this will make the muffins tough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips or dried fruit if using.
- Fill muffin cases two-thirds full and bake for 20-25 mins, until risen, firm to the touch and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- If the trays will not fit on 1 shelf, swap the shelves around after 15 mins of cooking.
- Leave the muffins in the tin to cool for a few mins and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (153g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 255 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.3g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.7g|
|Cholesterol 105.8mg||33 %|
|Sodium 671.4mg||23 %|
|Potassium 141.9mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 70.2g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 68.1g|
|Protein 8.6g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 560
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!