- In large saucepan, fry the bacon until crisp.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Let cool. Chop and set aside
- Over medium heat, add the carrot to the pan drippings in the dutch oven and saut? for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, onion, and garlic, stirring well and cooking for 3 minutes more.
- Add the beans and chicken broth and 1 can of water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, ad reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and with a potato masher partially mash the bean mixture until it thickens slightly.
- Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper, and bacon.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (84g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 152 (80%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.9g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 25.4mg||8 %|
|Sodium 573.5mg||20 %|
|Potassium 188.4mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 3.3g|
|Protein 4.9g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 189
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!