2. Add the milk in a small saucepan and bring to simmer.
3. In a large sauce pan over medium heat add the butter and let it melts. Add the flour and stir until the flour is incorporated in the butter, cook for a couple minutes or util there are no lumps.
4. Slowly add the warm milk while whisking and cook for a few minutes or until the milk has thickened, stirring the whole time.
5. Season with a touch of fresh grated nutmeg and salt and white pepper to taste.
6. Turn off the heat and place it in a large bowl. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly over the cream sauce to keep a skin from forming. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: Makes 4 Cups
Author: Laura in the Kitchen Episode 143
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Cup (288g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Cups|
|Calories from Fat: 281 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.2g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 19.2g||96 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 85.5mg||26 %|
|Sodium 261.6mg||9 %|
|Potassium 375mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.1g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 22.6g|
|Protein 9.7g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 408
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!