* Season all sides of the short ribs with salt and pepper. Working in batches, place 3-4 short ribs in hot pan and brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to plate and repeat with remaining short ribs.
* Add onion and cook, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring, or until fragrant.
* Add wine and scrape bottom of the Instant Pot, making sure to remove ALL brown bits (will prevent a burn notice later). Cook for 2-3 minutes or until wine is reduced by about half.
* Add 1 cup beef broth, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, paprika, thyme. Stir to combine and then carefully add short ribs back into the pot, as well as any juices that have collected on the plate.
* Secure lid and turn valve to seal.
* Cook on high pressure (“manual” or “pressure cook,” depending on model) for 55 minutes. Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before releasing remaining pressure
* Remove short ribs from Instant Pot and place on a plate. Turn Instant Pot to “Saute” mode. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons beef broth. Pour into sauce in Instant Pot and stir to combine. Let the sauce simmer until thickened. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
* Turn Instant Pot to warm and place short ribs back in sauce to keep warm until ready to serve over mashed potatoes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.