Chocolate Covered Strawberries are nothing new, but we've taken them to a whole new level! Creamy, fluffy chocolate mousse, tart and sweet strawberries with a touch of orange liqueur, and a coffee-infused chocolate brownie takes this classic combo in a decadent direction.
1. Prepare the chocolate whipped cream mousse: Pour the heavy cream into a chilled stainless steel mixing bowl. Use a stand or handheld mixer to whip the cream until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon of instant coffee to the whipped cream. Whip until stiff peaks form, about 3 to 5 minutes longer.
3. Cover and refrigerate the chocolate whipped cream mousse until ready to assemble.
4. Prepare the boozy strawberries: In a medium mixing bowl, toss sliced strawberries with orange zest, orange liqueur, and granulated sugar. Let the strawberries macerate for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature while you prepare the brownies.
5. Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions. Stir 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 2 teaspoons instant coffee into the prepared brownie batter.
6. Transfer to a baking pan and bake according to the brownie package directions. Let the brownies cool completely before assembling them with other dessert components.
7. Assemble the dessert: Cut the brownies into 1-inch pieces. Layer half the brownie pieces in the bottom of a trifle bowl or other glass serving bowl.
8. Top with half the macerated strawberries, then half the chocolate mousse whipped cream. Repeat layers.
9. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with additional whipped cream, if desired.
You can prepare single servings of this dessert by assembling the layers in wine glasses, individual trifle dishes, or other small dessert dishes. Glass dishes are recommended for presentation so you can see the distinct layers.
The orange liqueur may be omitted, or substitute 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (181g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 116 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.9g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.8g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 43.9mg||14 %|
|Sodium 64.4mg||2 %|
|Potassium 289.7mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.8g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 22.2g|
|Protein 2.2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 251
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.