1. Season the ribs generously with salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large heavy pot with a lid (Dutch oven) over high heat. Brown the ribs on all sides, in batches if necessary. Remove the ribs and pour off all but a couple tablespoons of the rendered fat.
2. Return the pot to the stove, lower the heat to medium and saute the garlic and ginger for about 3 minutes. Add the ribs back to the pot. Add the beer and the vinegar. Stir and then cover and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
4. Pour the hoisin sauce over the ribs, move the pot to the oven, and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
5. Remove ribs and ginger from sauce. Strain fat from the top of the pot so that you're left with just the good stuff.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (75g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 10 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.1g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 1mg||0 %|
|Sodium 536.2mg||18 %|
|Potassium 38.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 13.2g|
|Protein 1.1g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 70
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.