Try this Breakfast Bread Pudding recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Heat oven to 350F with the rack in the middle. Use 1 tbsp. of the butter to coat a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large heavy skillet, melt the remaining 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion and saute for a couple of minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute until the liquid of the mushrooms release has reduced and the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper to state. Set aside.
3. In the same skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp and browned, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to the bowl of onions and mushrooms; reserve 2 tbsp. of the bacon fat. Add the fontina, parmiagano-reggiano, red pepper flakes and rubbed sage to the bowl and stir to combine.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the half and half and the reserved bacon fat and whisk until combined.
5. Spread half of the bread in the prepared backing dish. Spread half of the onion, mushroom vegetable mixture evenly over the bread. Top with the remaining bread and another lawyer of the remaining onion vegetable mixture. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top. Using the back of a spoon, press the bread into the liquid, making sure all the liquid is absorbed. Let set for 15 minutes before baking. The bread pudding can be covered with plastic wrap, refrigerated and baked the next day.
6. Bake the bread pudding for 40 - 50 minutes, until evenly browned on top. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (436g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 426 (70%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 47.4g||63 %|
|Saturated Fat 27g||135 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 452.1mg||139 %|
|Sodium 734.4mg||25 %|
|Potassium 604.8mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.6g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 13.1g|
|Protein 32.2g||46 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 607
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.