Made the bulgur recipe in NBMEF: Bulgur Pilaf with Tomatoes except:
- made for 2 servings 1/3 the recipe.
- used medium -coarse bulghur
- On level 4, after sauteeing 1 medium onion, I added the bulgur and browned it before adding 1 can of drained tomatoes, 1/2 tsp allspice, 1 tsp tomato paste, 1 cube beef bouillon and 1 cup water and transferred to another burner on level 1 for 20 minutes, then 10 minutes off. If still undercooked, microwave it
For the sausage:
- preheat the oven top, bottom, no air for 45 minutes
- in my large glass baking dish, I used 400 gm sausage (at the ned make sure that they are on top of the peppers), 500 gm sweet red peppers, halved cut on the bias into about 2-inch slices , 2 hot red peppers (not Thai chili but the fresh ones from the supermarket) a bit of sumac, urfa pepper, salt and olive oil and 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped. Mix everything before placing the sausages on top.
- Place in the oven at the very bottom on the wire rack, and cook for 25 minutes.
Serve the bulgur next to the sausages, scissored into bite-sized slices, topped with pine nuts, lemon juice, fresh dill or another herb and yoghurt.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (448g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1070 (79%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 118.9g||158 %|
|Saturated Fat 39.4g||197 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 52.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15.9g|
|Cholesterol 322.6mg||99 %|
|Sodium 2849.3mg||98 %|
|Potassium 1111mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 67.6g||97 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1362
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!