1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8x8 square pan.
3. Cream together shortening and sugar with mixer.
4. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat till light and fluffy.
5. Add cocoa. Mix thoroughly.
6. Stir together flour, salt, baking powder. Stir into cocoa mixture.
7. Spread in greased pan. Bake 25 minutes.
If you like nuts you can add 3/4 cup chopped walnuts to mixture.
You can frost with chocolate frosting, if you want, but it's good without.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (208g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 164 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.2g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.6g||38 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 193.8mg||60 %|
|Sodium 9660.2mg||333 %|
|Potassium 292.2mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 11.8g|
|Protein 9.8g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 254
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.