1. Coarsely chop the roasted chestnuts.
2. Melt 1/4 butter or pareve margarine in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, celery, herbs and pepper and saute until onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Place bread cubes in large bowl. Pour onion mixture over.
4. Melt 1/4 cup butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add chestnuts and saute until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add to bread mixture.
5. Melt remaining 1/2 cup butter in same skillet. Pour over bread mixture and toss well. Season with salt.
(Stuffing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.)
Note: Can be made Vegan if you substitute butter with Parve margarine
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (208g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 207 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.6g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 48.8mg||15 %|
|Sodium 626.4mg||22 %|
|Potassium 497.8mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 79.5g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.3g||33 %|
|Sugars, other 71.1g|
|Protein 9.1g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 560
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!