1. In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, celery and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables soften, about 3 minutes.
2. Add broth, potatoes, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes.
3. Add corn, and peas and carrots. Simmer 5 more minutes. Stir in the chicken and mix well.
4. In a measuring cup, whisk cream and cornstarch until smooth with no lumps. Add to chicken mixture in the pot.
5. Increase heat so chowder comes to a gentle simmer and begins to thicken. Stir often. Add parsley and serve hot.
I find several drops of hot sauce adds to this dish if you like to kick it up a bit.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (344g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 98 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.9g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 63.4mg||20 %|
|Sodium 558.4mg||19 %|
|Potassium 697.9mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 15.5g|
|Protein 23.1g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 264
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!