1) Make diamond shaped slits on top of the skin only (be sure not to cut through to the meat). This is for the salt to penetrate through.
2) Boil 2 cups of water and add 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Shower this mix on top of the skin only until the skin is slightly cooked (turns pinkish colour).
3) Rub 1/2 teaspoon of Five Spice powder all over the meat, except the skin.
4) Sprinkle some salt over the skin.
5) Wrap around the meat (4 sides except the skin) with aluminium foil and keep in a plate/container. WITH the skin exposed, put inside the fridge for about 2-3 days. Once the skin has dried it's ready to roast.
6) Place into the oven at 180-deg Celsius for about an hour. Be sure to have place the pork on top of a rack so the oil can drip down.
7) Let the pork cool slightly after roasting. Slice alongside the slits and chop into bite size pieces.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (326g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1190 (92%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 132.2g||176 %|
|Saturated Fat 48.2g||241 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 61.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 14.1g|
|Cholesterol 179.6mg||55 %|
|Sodium 663.7mg||23 %|
|Potassium 473.1mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.1g|
|Protein 23.3g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1295
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.