This is my modified version of a traditional Tiramisu recipe, which I altered for my own extravagant chocoholic palate. It consists of ladyfingers, marscarpone cheese, cocoa powder, chocolate liquor, dark coffee, grated dark chocolate, etc..... The dessert is relatively easy to prepare taking approximately 30 minutes and is ready to eat in about 2 hours.
1. Combine egg yolks, making sure to carefully remove the skins, with the sugar in a double boiler, being cautious not to overheat, as the yolks will congeal. Reduce to low heat and blend for about 10 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
2. Add the Marscarpone cheese to the whipped yolks and beat until combined.
3. In a separate bowl whip cream to stiff peaks, gently fold into marscarpone yolk mixture, careful not to overmix and set aside in refrigerator.
4. Dip the lady fingers quickly into the coffee, making sure not to make them too soggy. Line the bottom of the pyrex bread pan side by side with the dipped coffee fingers.
5. Drizzle 2 tbls. of the chocolate liquor evenly over the lady fingers and sprinkle half of the cocoa powder over the fingers evenly.
6. Spoon half of the egg, marscarpone, cream mixture over the lady fingers smoothing it out with a spatula.
7. Place another layer of the coffee dipped ladyfingers over the cream mixture, drizzling the liquor and sprinkling the remaining cocoa powder over them.
8. Layer the the remaining cream mixture over the lady fingers, smoothing it out and sprinkle the grated chocolate over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and refidgerate for about 2 hours, or until the liquids soak well into the lady fingers.
The glass bread pan should be approximately 9 x 4 x 5.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (58g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 87 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.7g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 132.3mg||41 %|
|Sodium 7174.2mg||247 %|
|Potassium 26mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 12.1g|
|Protein 1.8g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 139
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.